ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 1, 2015

MY CARTER LEE


Well, I'm pretty sure the fastest summer of my life just flew by me. The summer of 2015 will forever be engraved in my mind as the summer of getting to know my sweet Naomi, being on a baby high and wearing a robe for about 3 months straight.  

I'm finally out of my robe and maybe someday I'll get around to writing about the past few months, but right now, I have to write a little post about my oh, so lovable Carter. 

A few things he has said as of late:

"Mom, do you feel it? Do you feel my heart beeping?"
"Mom, does Naomi want to talk to me yet?"
As I'm doing laundry, "Good job, Mom. Good job."
As I am taking a picture through a window in our house, "Mommy what's that? A beautiful day?"
As he is randomly opening and closing his mouth, "Mommy, I'm eating the wind."
As we are leaving the random stranger who is letting Carter pet his dogs, "Bye! I love you!"
As he hands Daron his water bottle, "Dad, put this in the fridge and cold it, k?"
As we are talking about what is appropriate to do during Church... 

Me: "Do we play with toys, Carter?"
"Nooo."
"Do we yell?"
"Noooo."
"Do we pick our nose?"
"No, we pick our nose at home!"

And my personal favorite, "Mom, Jesus died while standing in the street."
Me: "Oh, is that right, Carter?"
"Yeah, a white car hit him and he died."
{No idea where this came from, but Daron and I have some serious teaching to do!}

And if he wants to be naughty...
"Mom, go away."
{HA!}

I wish I could write on here every hilarious thing Carter says but thankfully, that's what I use this awesome book for. 

Carter, 

In a few months you will be 3! 3!!!!! 

I can't believe it. 

I never want to forget the way you throw your head back when you laugh, your current "gargoyle smile" and how it feels when you, out of the blue, wrap your arms around me and tell me you love me. Your enthusiasm for life is contagious and you love to put on a show. I love how you wave to every car that passes you in a parking lot and say "hi" to strangers as we walk by them. Your personality brings joy to so many, but most of all, to me and your dad! 

I hope you always know how very special you are. 

I love you! 

-Mom

{An older post about a few of Carter's daily antics here and credit for the photo above is here.}

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I laughed at every one of these! He sure is the life of the party! I love that sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully written! I'm sure he will cherish this when he is older! Carter makes me not so sad that babies have to grow up because he proves just how awesome little boys are. Love this! xo

    ReplyDelete