ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 6, 2015

OCTOBER GENERAL CONFERENCE 2015

We spent last weekend at my parent's house so that we could be with family while we watched the October General Conference. This is definitely one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. I've had a little bit of "post-Conference blues" since we came home. I actually planned ahead this year {so proud of myself} and made something yummy and festive for breakfast. We had pumpkin waffles with fresh peaches and bananas to go on top. In between sessions, we took advantage of my parent's jacuzzi and pool and wore out the kids so that they would both sleep during the second session.  
Sunday morning we woke up to the coziest fall weather. Carter helped my mom as she made breakfast for everyone and then we spent the rest of the day listening to the inspiring messages of our leaders. I was soaking in every second. Between sessions, we took a walk around the neighborhood to get some fresh air. 


The week before conference, Daron and I wrote down different things that were on our mind and different questions we had regarding our family, our marriage, and spiritual well-being. I was blown away with how perfectly our questions were answered. It was a great reminder of the peace that comes from listening to the prophet and apostles and other leaders of the church and that God is perfectly aware of me.

{My favorite talk from Conference here.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment