ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 28, 2015

THE BEST 6 MONTHS


Our sweet Naomi turned 6 months old today. My heart is so full for this little girl. I love her so, so much. From the second she came out, I have felt connected to her. I love the slight tint of auburn in her hair, the way her nose scrunches when she smiles, how all it takes is eye contact with her to make her squeal, the way she looks at her big brother, her easy-going personality and the way she fits perfectly on my hip. 

My heart could seriously burst for her. 

At 6 months, Naomi is arching her back when I try and put her in her car seat, preferring her tummy for play, is on the move - only in the wrong direction {backwards!}, has an incredible grin on her face when I go in to get her in the morning and after her naps, does this adorable thing where, after you make eye contact with her, she squeals and hides her face into her blanket like she is kind of shy. It's the cutest!!!! She loves to feel like a big girl and is dying to sit up and stand. She reaches for her binky and puts it in her mouth when she wants and is nearly impossible to breastfeed while I am having a conversation because she is riveted on me while I talk. Every time I catch her staring at me, she starts giggling like crazy. I love this stage so much.

The other day, Carter was doing his normal; which is pressing every button on the dashboard before "I count to 3" to get him in his seat. I didn't notice that he had turned the volume way, way up. I turned on the car with Naomi on my hip so that I could cool it down before I put her in her seat and about died when the music came on. My ears hurt so bad. I immediately turned to her, expecting to comfort her but found a gigantic grin on her face. I couldn't stop laughing at that grin all the way home. It was like, "heyy, turn that stuff back up!"

She and I, we both are covered in spit up for half the day. And it's definitely not my most rested period in life, but she gets me. I can already tell she thinks I'm funny and I love her for that. The past 6 months with her have been some of the best months of my life. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be her mom.

I love you to pieces, Naomi.

{Photo cred: here}

1 comment: