ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 27, 2015

TWENTY SIX!


{Uhmm... are there people out there who look attractive under water? Because Daron and I would not know! We looked at the pictures we took of oursevles while snorkeling and died laughing. I kept asking him, "Wait... is that really us!?"}  

These pictures are from a few weeks ago when we celebrated my 26th birthday! The morning of started out nice and cozy as I sat in between my two kids and their car seats finishing the drive home from Utah. Remind me not to do that again anytime soon. The past two years, I have traveled home from a different state the morning of my birthday. I told Daron that next year, all I want for my birthday is to have breakfast in bed, my own bed. Well, that probably won't be all I want but... you know what I mean ;)

Once we made it to my parent's house, I hurriedly gave instructions to my mom who was watching Carter and Naomi and rushed to San Diego to meet Daron in time for lunch. 

We ate at the Goldfish Point Cafe and then went snorkeling in the cove. Snorkeling was amazing. Then again, anytime I'm in the ocean I feel amazing. We made our way around the cove and then Daron tried to take me to the caves. Half way there, I freaked out and made him turn around and go back with me. The ocean water got all murky so we couldn't see and something like a shark biting my head off kept rolling around in my head and I panicked. Maybe next time, Daron!
After snorkeling, we decided to go find a bigger beach to lay out at since we had extra time. We found one that was around the corner from the cove. It was the coziest little spot. We laid out for a few minutes before Daron decided he wanted to check out the snorkeling there to see if it was any good. It was! We were two giddy little kids. We had this random cove all to ourselves and the snorkeling was beautiful. The water was clearer and there were no seals or smell of their stinky poop.

We then headed home so we could change and I could feed Naomi. We made sure the kids were good with my mom and went back out for a gorgeous dinner over looking La Jolla. I'm still thinking about the restaurant's food and view. Daron and I took hours to eat and did cheesy things like held hands during dinner. Daron also got his dessert lit on fire. On purpose. I had never seen that before, sort of blew my mind. 
A day with Daron all to myself is a rare thing and was just what I needed.

{A big thanks to my mom for watching our kids. And for giving birth to me 26 years ago. Boy, do I have a whole new level of appreciation for that! Love you, Mom!}

No comments:

Post a Comment