ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Sep 14, 2016

BEST OF... SUMMER 2016

This summer was relatively low key. We went on few vacations and outings. We spent almost all summer at the beach or at my parent's house swimming. I spent most nights falling asleep at 8:30 and trying to survive nausea. It was nice to stay around here in Cardiff and get to know the area where we live better. I feel like it's taken a long time since I've been sick and pregnant or in the newborn/ a baby's first year of life stage. 

Here it goes... a few of the "best of" for Summer 2016:

The first beach day of the summer with a few of my besties. 

There were more people who came but we didn't think to take a picture until it was almost too late... very typical for us. We never take pictures together and the last picture of us is realizing that "Hey! We actually got our act together and are taking a picture!" I was so proud of us.

Attending the Padre's opening game. Daron and I had big plans to attend a lot of these games. I'm not really sure what happened because this was the only one... ha!



^ I almost forgot about the days Naomi would rip out her clip the second I put it in her hair! So glad she's over that... for the most part.

A dear friend from college, Shelby, who lives in Arizona now came to visit me. 


This was so, so fun! I loved it. She came and stayed during the week which was awesome because I had a perma-friend for a week while Daron worked. It was really low key but since she was visiting, we of course used it as an excuse to go out to breakfast a lot and do new things, like strawberry picking! We hadn't done that. We also took lots of pictures for each other of our kids. A few that she captured are some of my new favorites!



After 6 years of trying, my sister and her husband were finally able to welcome their first baby into the world, Jack Cannon Rich. Below is his blessing day... Once Ellery and I have our babies, that will make 4 cousins within one year! Mine is the only girl... anxious to see how that goes!



^On a totally random side note, I'm laughing at this picture. I remember thinking I looked really cute this day. But I look at my hair now and realize I was having a total bad hair day. 

Running through the sprinklers! We didn't do this enough! 


Telling Daron that I was pregnant after hiding it from him for 10 WHOLE WEEKS!!!!!!!!! And pretty much putting him in a shock-coma once I did...


I kind of forgot about this whole ordeal. I'll have to write more on it later. It really was epic.


Glorious nights where we were able to get the kids down early. 


This is so hard to do in the summer! But it was awesome when it happened because Daron and I got to enjoy time together when it was still light. Our excitement usually lead to us taking "funny face" snaps that still crack me up.



Cooking while pregnant for most women is not a pleasant experience. Some mornings, I would take the kids out to breakfast and we would take it to the beach... these were great mornings.


These sweet hugs...

They always end up being more of a tackle haha

Daron's sister and her boyfriend came to visit. 


absolutely love having visitors! I just wished Daron could have spent more time with us... Carter & Naomi were in heaven. 


^And how much does Naomi look like she could be Becca's child more than mine!? She is such a Young... 

Swimming at my parent's house.

Swimming with the kids was rather difficult this summer. (And I'm afraid next summer won't be much better!) Naomi isn't quite big enough for the puddle jumper yet and crawls out of any other pool contraption there is and also thinks she can swim... Carter is doing great at swimming but I still worry and am always trying to keep a nervous eye on him. Soooooo, summer of 2018... we are already looking forward to you!


This day (pictured below) was recent. I told the kids they could not swim! Then found them 20 minutes later in the spa with my mom... naked. It's taken me a while to get used to Grandparent rules. Or I guess I should say, the lack thereof!

Watching Naomi develop the cutest personality! 


This girl was so sweet and calm as a baby. I couldn't picture what she was going to be like as she got older. It's been such a treat to watch her grow. This stage is so fun but also exhausting. She understands everything but can't speak (which leads to lots and lots of screaming) and is so mobile yet doesn't understand the world around her (like 10 ft drop offs at the park). It's always shocking once your kid gets an opinion... it's like "ope, bye bye baby! here comes my toddler!" She is incredibly funny though which I didn't expect. She's at the age where I wish I could tape her entire life because it's all just too good!


^ "Mama, coooooold!" she says at the supermarket. 

Enjoying mornings with this gorgeous summer light...


I'm going to miss soft summer light waking me up in the mornings. I honestly would roll over with a huge smile on my face. It was always so peaceful and beautiful!



Labor Day in Colorado!


We spent the weekend hanging out with Daron's family and attending his sister's bridal shower. Wedding Bells are coming in October and we can't wait. Weddings are so fun. I mentioned before how my camera is broke so I took very few pictures but we went to the Fort Collins Temple Open House where Anna and Dan will get married,  ate yummy food, enjoyed a day at the lake, and I basically didn't see carter for 5 days straight because he was with his cousin the entire time. I remember having weeks like this when I was kid and was around my cousins. They were the best! 



Not pictured were the summer peaches! Ah! They were to die for this year! I thought I had a picture of Naomi devouring one but it was actually a video. A hilarious video. They were so good this year. The watermelon struggled I thought... but I'll be dreaming of the peaches until next summer. 

A big wave goodbye to Summer and hellllooooo to Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment