ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Sep 20, 2016

WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS


Daron left early Thursday morning for a work trip to Utah last week. By early, I mean 3:45 in the AM! As he was gathering his things and heading out the door, Carter must have heard him because he woke up as Daron was walking down the drive way to his car. Carter burst into the saddest tears, flung open the front door and started running after him. I was half asleep still and delirious and started screaming at Daron in the drive way. I had this terrifying picture of Daron not realizing Carter had come out after him and something bad happening. The whole thing was quite the wake up call. They gave each other the sweetest hug in the black night and Carter came back in and slept with me like he always does when Daron is gone.

We missed our main man around here like crazy. I've already told Daron he can't leave me again pregnant. He really has no control over it but my emotional, pregnant self is doubtful about my capabilities handling days alone with the kids again before this baby is out. Every time Daron leaves, I think about Mothers who aren't with their husbands for whatever reason or don't have husbands and my mind is boggled. 

Anyway, it was a great, hard week (if that makes sense?) that had some highlights I wanted to share... aka remember!

My sister's husband travels a lot, much more than Daron! We realized both of our husbands would be gone at the same time so she came up to stay with me and help my pregnant-self out. My mom and sister-in-law Dayana also ended up coming and we made it quite the party. They cleaned out my freezer (something I've been neglecting) and organized my pantry, mopped my floors and my sister cleaned my windows(!!) while I ran errands without the kids.



Every time I looked out my kitchen window, my heart sang. 

She and I also did a face mask together.


We laughed so hard because we felt so silly. I had never done a mask before! The more we laughed the more it cracked off earlier than it was supposed to. Somehow it still worked leaving our skin plump with a nice glow, so fun!

I also visited my parents who are renting in Corona Del Mar while their house is fixed. Months ago, it experienced a ton of water damage. It's been a horrible hassle but we don't mind visiting charming Corona Del Mar while they have to be out of their house!


^This picture makes me laugh. My mom was trying to help Carter down but he refused and she is walking away shaking her head saying, "That stubborn one!" That stubborn one is right... ha!

Pressed Juice has been blowing up my instagram feed so I decided to give it a second try. I never liked my order before but I realized the goodness is all in the sauces. I put chocolate and peanut butter sauce all over mine and became a believer!

When we got home, the rest of the prints going on our fridge had arrived! It's like Christmas morning when stuff like this comes in the mail...
I took a picture of the three of us Sunday morning because we were ready ON TIME for church without Daron there to help. Breakfast wasn't cleaned up, the kid's clothes got stains on them from finding the candy my mom had given them the day before and for some reason, I was stepping on raisins that were everywhere(??) but we made it there early and HAPPY... a double miracle. (Sacrament meeting, on the other hand, was a disaster). You win some, you lose some, right?

Carter and Naomi sharing a succor... Naomi's happy dance and smile when she gets something great is hard to beat!

and these two lovin' on each other...

Daron came home Sunday night and all was well again. We sure do love that guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment